Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Boblawyer Boblawyer is offline

Default Going "backwards" from Word 2007 to Word 2003

I have a licensed "student" edition of Word 2003. I installed it on the 3
PCs we have at home (my kids are the students), which is allowed with the
student edition.

I decided to see what Word 2007 was all about, so I bought and installed it.

Unfortunately, it over-wrote 2003 (my mistake during the installation, I'm
sure) - a result I did not intend.

Frankly, I am unhappy with 2007. Aside from having to learn a whole new
set of commands, the basic structure is a departure from just about all other
Windows applications (File, Edit, View, etc) and it takes more clickstrokes
to accomplish the same tasks than in 2003.

And my workplace still uses 2003.

I would like to re-install 2003 using the original disk. I am concerned
that when I plug in the serial number, Microsoft will disable the program on
the ground that the program is being installed on someone else's computer in
violation of the license terms.

Is there any way to take care of this before I do the re-install of 2003 ?

Bob