Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
steveb steveb is offline

Default 2 Mergefields on the same line

I have a situation where I am doing a mailmerge for Invoices where the Bill
To address is in the upper left and the Invoice information in is the upper
right (Invoice Number, Invoice Date & Invoice Amount). There are 2 issues
that I have:

With 2 mergefields on the same line I am seeing that the starting point
for the second mergefield jumps when scrolling through the preview.
Sometimes it even wraps to the next line. Is there a way to make the
mergefield that starts on the right to have a fixed position?

Also the three mergefield on the right side (Invoice Number, Invoice Date
& Invoice Amount) I have double spaced. If a line on the address is
suppressed because it doesn't have an ADD2 field it causes a single space.

Thanks

--
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Steve,

For the first issue, you could fix the starting position for the second field via a tab & tab-stop combo. Of course, this could
result in a lot of wasted space between the two mergefields, and is liable to exacerbate the line-wrapping effect.

As for the second problem you could probably deal with that by inserting manual line breaks between each of the mergefields and not
relying on Word's blank-line suppression. Alternatively, you could put each mergefield into a cell in a three-row table whose cells
have a fixed row height of the appropriate dimensions.

--
Cheers
macropod

MergeFields Jo Davis Mailmerge 1 March 18th 08 06:57 PM
Using Mergefields for RTF Document. vijay Microsoft Word Help 1 September 19th 06 12:26 PM
Mergefields Island Girl New Users 1 September 4th 06 01:41 AM
MERGEFIELDS Nathan Franklin Mailmerge 9 February 26th 06 11:57 PM
Working with Mergefields Duncan McDonald New Users 1 November 25th 04 01:25 PM