Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jrf Jrf is offline

Default Mailmere with word and access

My instructions are to open a new blank document in Word 2007.
I am selecting envelopes as the main document.
I am selecting my recipients by using a query in Access 2007 then I saved
this envelope as Merge Envelope.
Then the instructions state to finish the merge by merging the record (the
above finished envelope) to a new document and saving this as Chelis Envelope.

I am then instructed to change the address on the Chelis Envelope and save it.

When I do that I looked into the Access database query that I used to see if
it had changed it and it did not and it did not change it in the word
envelope. WHY?

Question two is: I went into the Access table used and changed the one
address there and it changed it in the original word envelope and not the
Chelis Envelope. Why does this happen like this??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you merge to a new document, that new document has no connection either
to your merge document or to the data source. It is simply a document, which
answers both your questions. If you change the data in your data source then
you need to re-merge for that to be reflected in a new document.