Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mizarmour mizarmour is offline

Default merge fields keep printing in itallics

Someone please help. I highlight the field in my main document, and edit the
font, but when I go to mail merge, the info in the fields is in itallics. I
don't know how to fix it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try...
Use Alt-F9 to view your field codes, so you see e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD myfield }

If you see

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \*Mergeformat }

remove "\*Mergeformat, reapply the formatting you need to the field code
and the result and try again.

If that isn't enough, insert \*Charformat so that you have something like

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \*Charformat }

then formt the entire field with the formatting you want, and try again
(in fact you should only need to format the M of MERGEFIELD)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk