Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Scott is offline

Default Mail Merge "serialization"

I need to add a "number" to each copy of a document I am preparing. I was
going to merge a field (for the serialization of each copy) from Excel but
the 12-page document merges into 700+ sections with no breaks for the printer
to know where to print another document. I want the document to print as
booklets, separating after section 12, for example. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you run a macro containing the following code after executing the Merge
to a new document, it will send each 12 pages to the printer as a separate
print job:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

I need to add a "number" to each copy of a document I am preparing. I was
going to merge a field (for the serialization of each copy) from Excel but
the 12-page document merges into 700+ sections with no breaks for the
printer
to know where to print another document. I want the document to print as
booklets, separating after section 12, for example. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Scott is offline

Thanks, Doug! It worked like a charm, although Word crashed about halfway
through. But with each copy numbered, I knew exactly where to begin again.