Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vera Vera is offline

Default mail merge with multiple criteria from excel file

Wonder if someone can help...from the mail merge sequence, I am selecting a
data source of an excel file; within that file, I am using the pull-down tabs
to limit those records to be merged. I am using two tabs. The worksheet
rows look fine, but when the merge performs, I get a completely different
result. This doesn't happen when I am only defining by one criteria.

Please assist.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

Assuming you mean the pull-down tabs in Word's "Edit recipients" dialog
box, if you select the Advanced... option in the one of the dropdowns,
Word should open a "Query Options" dialog that should let you see all
the filter options you have selected.
a. maybe that will be enough for you to see what is going wrong, but
if not
b. can you post those filter criteria, as you see them in the dialog
box, here?

If that isn't it, can you spell out how you are defining the filters?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk