Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)

I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting.

The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered
list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a
bulleted list. It looks like this:

1. Topic 1 * Subtopic
* Subtopic

2. Topic 2 * Subtopic

3. Topic 3 * Subtopic
* Subtopic
* Subtopic
* Subtopic

The paragraph settings for both columns are the same:

6 pts Spacing before
0 pts Spacing after
Checked Don't add space between paragraphs of same style

The ordered list in the left column behaves as I expect. The first
list item in each row has 6 pt leading. Subsequent items in the same
row have 0 leading.

The unordered list in the right column behaves differently. With the
"Don't add space..." option checked, none on the items have any
leading (all 0 leading). With that option unchecked, all items have 6
pt leading. I cannot figure out how to get leading for the first item
in each row and 0 leading for the rest.

Help!