Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Rick is offline

Default insert current date in merge form (2003)

have a microsoft word form that pulls from an access database.
I want to insert the current date every time i merge the form in the
following format:
25 day of February, 2008.

Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Rick,

To create such a field:
.. select the place in your mailmerge template where you want the date to appear;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces (ie '{ }')
.. fill in between the braces with 'DATE \@ "DD 'day of' MMMM YYYY"' so that you get '{DATE \@ "DD 'day of' MMMM YYYY"}'

You may find that using 'CREATEDATE' in the field will suit your needs better that 'DATE'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Rick" wrote in message ...
have a microsoft word form that pulls from an access database.
I want to insert the current date every time i merge the form in the
following format:
25 day of February, 2008.

Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Rick is offline

Could there be a quotation mark or something missing in what you sent?
when i put in the info it just printed the codes as text.

"Rick" wrote in message ...
have a microsoft word form that pulls from an access database.
I want to insert the current date every time i merge the form in the
following format:
25 day of February, 2008.

Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters {}?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP