Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt H Matt H is offline

Default trouble linking excel http path to http word document

Hi, I'm trying to link a cell range on an excel file to a word document so
that when the word document is opened it has the most up to date budget
information from the excel file. I can do this locally on my pc, and I can
also link a local document to an excel file over an http path, but I can't do
http to http. I'm trying to accomplish this on my Sharepoint site.

I can't get it to work properly with office 2003 or 2007. I even tried the
hotfix from MS for the 2003 version. Here is a link to the error I get in
both versions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947583.

Anyone know if there are Sharepoint configuration changes I can make to make
this work better? Or is this an application problem. I called MS and they
said it's a known issue, but not something of importantce.

Also, I've also been looking through group policy and I can't find any
options that disable the prompt to update links (Update automatic links at
Open) doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any direction,
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement