Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Spiro Spiro is offline

Default Header/Footer section problem. Please help!

Respected,

I have been working with Word for more than 10 years, but rarely needed to
modify the page numbers settings more than the basic set of settings.

Now I have a problem. Suddenly, I do not know what I did, but there are over
5 sections in the header and footer and all of these sections start with
different numbering and the numbering is completely messed up.

All I need to know is how to clear/delete/remove ALL header/footer sections
and have the basic formatting that word has - 1 header/footer for the whole
document.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word adds section breaks automatically if you change section-level
formatting, such as the number of newspaper columns, for a selection. Many
section properties, such as page number restarts, are transferred to the new
section from the previous one when the break is being added. In each
section, use the Page Number Format dialog box to make page numbering
continuous (choose the "Continue from previous section" option).

To display the dialog box in Word 2003, click the Format Page Number button
on the Header and Footer toolbar; in Word 2007, click Page Number, and then
click Format Page Numbers, on the Header & Footer Tools Design tab.

For more on headers and footers in Word, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP