Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JoeyW JoeyW is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address Block

When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not show in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance




  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 407
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address Block

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge fields
in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not show
in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance






  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JoeyW JoeyW is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address B

Doug, Thanks for the reply but is there an issue with the address block in
that it inserts an extra line.

New Students using MM can find it a bit laborious adding a field at a time
and remembering to include spaces.

The Address block if working correctly would really be helpful.

Thanks again

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge fields
in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not show
in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance







  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 407
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address B

It probably includes a field for which there is no data - in your case,
probably the person's title.

Students should learn how to do things from scratch and depend upon props.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
Doug, Thanks for the reply but is there an issue with the address block in
that it inserts an extra line.

New Students using MM can find it a bit laborious adding a field at a time
and remembering to include spaces.

The Address block if working correctly would really be helpful.

Thanks again

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge
fields
in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank
line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not
show
in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance









  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JoeyW[_2_] JoeyW[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address B

Doug,

Thanks again, The title is included as shown in the example below (none of
the relevant fields are left blank), and in the preview (of the address
block) no blank line is included.

I usnderstand your point about not depending on props however if the
facility is there and is more efficient I would encourage student to it.
However it is not seem to work correctly.

Regards,

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

It probably includes a field for which there is no data - in your case,
probably the person's title.

Students should learn how to do things from scratch and depend upon props.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
Doug, Thanks for the reply but is there an issue with the address block in
that it inserts an extra line.

New Students using MM can find it a bit laborious adding a field at a time
and remembering to include spaces.

The Address block if working correctly would really be helpful.

Thanks again

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge
fields
in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank
line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not
show
in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance












  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 407
Default Extra Line Inserted following title and name line in Address B

The Mr. is the Courtesy Title

The one that I suggested might be missing is the one that the addressblock
refers to as Job Title.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
Doug,

Thanks again, The title is included as shown in the example below (none of
the relevant fields are left blank), and in the preview (of the address
block) no blank line is included.

I usnderstand your point about not depending on props however if the
facility is there and is more efficient I would encourage student to it.
However it is not seem to work correctly.

Regards,

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

It probably includes a field for which there is no data - in your case,
probably the person's title.

Students should learn how to do things from scratch and depend upon
props.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
Doug, Thanks for the reply but is there an issue with the address block
in
that it inserts an extra line.

New Students using MM can find it a bit laborious adding a field at a
time
and remembering to include spaces.

The Address block if working correctly would really be helpful.

Thanks again

JoeW

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge
fields
in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"JoeyW" wrote in message
...
When I use the address block in mail merge (2007) it inserts a blank
line
following the name as shown below. However this blank line does not
show
in
the preview.

Mr. Peter O'Donoghue

BT
The Manor
Deise
Waterford

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance












Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A blank line appears in the address block in my mail merge BazDevon Mailmerge 1 December 12th 07 10:22 AM
Extra line when printing evelopes with return address mtm Mailmerge 1 July 30th 06 09:02 AM
Address block does not line name and address up on envelopes IowaPack Mailmerge 1 June 27th 06 09:20 AM
extra line inserted after return, i dont want it! simon Microsoft Word Help 1 May 7th 05 08:58 PM
Adding a job title line to the address block when mail-merg... Bob Lommel Mailmerge 1 February 18th 05 05:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"