Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Danny Danny is offline

Default Multiple queries

I am using Word 2007 and a SQL Server database. I am trying to create a mail
merge to send letters to customers, but also list the orders at the top of
the letter. The tables are Customers, Orders, CustomerOrders. Is there a way
of executing a second query so I can use the CustomerOrders table to list the
orders at the top of each letter? Or any other way?

Thanks
Danny
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Danny,

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

Adding text after the repeated data requires adding a dummy final record or a field indicating the last record in each set, to the
source data. Unless you're able to do that with your database, you may need to use an ordinary Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge first,
to extract the raw data to a Word table. That's so you can add the required extra record (or the extra field and its last record
indicators) before using the Word table as the data source for the final merge.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Danny" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2007 and a SQL Server database. I am trying to create a mail
merge to send letters to customers, but also list the orders at the top of
the letter. The tables are Customers, Orders, CustomerOrders. Is there a way
of executing a second query so I can use the CustomerOrders table to list the
orders at the top of each letter? Or any other way?

Thanks
Danny

Cannot use queries from MS-Access mogens Mailmerge 2 November 22nd 05 03:11 AM
Suggestion for Queries gordo Microsoft Word Help 5 May 25th 05 06:20 AM
TOC queries miraglo New Users 4 May 16th 05 04:48 PM
How do I set up a template that queries for information using pop. Dakkon Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 05 10:55 PM
Very Precise Tables/Queries with very Multiple Formatted Text ayoewi Tables 1 February 3rd 05 02:52 AM