Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CRBI CRBI is offline

Default Maintain template when using email mail merge

I have a form letter created in a document template which is a letterhead
template. I merge data into this form letter from an Access database. For
printing the letters, this works fine, but if I choose the option to email
the letters, the template is missing once the email arrives. I actually
mailed one that worked, but now when I email the graphics of the template
arrive as separate attachments of graphics only. Any ideas? Any help is
greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The out-of-the box mailmerge just sends a copy of the mail merge main
document, either as plain text, in HTML format, or as an attachment,
depending on which options you choose. If you need to send another
attachment, you need to use another approach - e.g. you can use Doug
Robbins' approach at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

However,
a. I'm not sure what exactly is happening with the template graphics
(i.e. have never seen that outcome)
b. if you can avoid having to email a template as well as a document,
you probably should, as it's significantly more complex for a user to
deal with that scenario.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk