Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dodo dodo is offline

Default Merge fields don't match font in master when merged with Word 03?

The Master doc is set to the font/size required, the fields themselves are
the same, but the merged letter displays a smaller font for merged fields!
Help please someone, I'm at wits' end!! Big thanks... (using Word 2003)
--
ode
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Uae Alt-F9 to reveal the field codes, so you see something like

{ MERGEFIELD myfield }

If it looks like

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \*Mergeformat }

In theory, if you remove the \*Mergeformat "switches" and format the
field code (and if necessary, the result) with the same formatting as
the surrounding text, you should get the right font/size in future.
However, you may find that you need to use a \*Charformat switch instead
of a \*Mergeformat switch, e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \*Charformat }

or add a \*Charformat switch if there is no \*Mergeformat switch, and
format the field the way you want (strictly speaking you only need to
format the "M" of "MERGEFIELD", but it's generally easier to format the
whole field.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk