Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Merrick Merrick is offline

Default How to apply an Avery label template to a Word document?

I need a sheet of labels (with different addresses on each ) that I can use
over & over, editing them for some content each time I open the file...
printed on Avery 5162 labels (10, 1"x4").

It would APPEAR that I shoul dbe able to apply a template to the document...
but I can't seem to figure it out...

Merrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Labels dialog, you can choose New Document, which gives you a sheet
of the labels that you can fill as you choose and then save. They're set up
as a table, so you need to be sure to display table gridlines (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the label boundaries.

If you will have more than one sheet of labels, and especially if you will
be adding and deleting labels (and want the preserve alphabetical or ZIP
code order), you would be much better advised to create the labels with a
mail merge. Once you have created the mail merge data source, you can use it
to create labels in any desired size, envelopes, lists (such as
directories), form letters, etc.

http://word.mvps.org