Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debby Debby is offline

Default How do I get my tool bar (task bar) in word to remain displayed?

TWO QUESTIONS - IN MICROSOFT 7 I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE TOOL BAR, OR
TASK BAR, AT THE TOP OF THE WINDOW TO STAY DISPLAYED. I HAVE TO CLICK ON
VIEW OR HOME TO GET IT TO COME UP AND THEN CHOOSE AN OPTION BUT AS SOON AS I
BEGIN TO TYPE MY REPORT, THE TOOL BAR DISAPPEARS. ALSO, HOW DO I CHANGE MY
SPACING FROM DOUBLE TO SINGLE TO 1 1/2? THANK YOU TO ANYONE THAT CAN PROVIDE
HELP WITH THESE TWO QUESTIONS! DEBBY
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Block capitals are considered shouting in web forums and newsgroups. Such
shouting is not only unwelcome but is also very difficult to read.

There is no such product as Microsoft 7. The nearest would be the new
Windows 7 operating system, but as you are asking in a Word forum I assume
you must mean Word 2007? Word 7 would be something entirely different. It
may not always be possible to answer your questions if you don't correctly
identify the product you are asking about.

In Word 2007, to get the tabs to remain displayed *double* click the tabs of
click the small arrow at the right end of the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) and
uncheck 'Minimize the Ribbon'

Spacing is a paragraph formatting setting of the current style. Either
modify that style of create a new one that provides the format you require.
However, if you are used to earlier versions of Word, you may consider
setting the style set (Home Tab) to Word 2003.