Michele L Rabideau

Default Do I need to download Word to modify a document that is locked?

I do not have Word on my computer but have received documents in Word which I
need to modify and return to the sender. Can I modify and send them as an
attachment without downloading Word on my computer?
CyberTaz

Hi Michelle-

First of all, I don't believe you can legally "download" Word.

Second, if you have other word processing software that can read/write in
Word format you can (probably) use it to modify documents created with Word.

Third, your senders may be able to use Word to save copies in a format
compatible with the word processing software you do use.

Good Luck |:)

"Michele L Rabideau" wrote:

I do not have Word on my computer but have received documents in Word which I
need to modify and return to the sender. Can I modify and send them as an
attachment without downloading Word on my computer?

Amedee Van Gasse

In , Michele L
Rabideau told us an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the
bottom of this message.

I do not have Word on my computer but have received documents in Word
which I need to modify and return to the sender. Can I modify and
send them as an attachment without downloading Word on my computer?

I don't know any recent word processing software that doesn't
understand Rich Text Format (RTF), so ask the sender to use that.

You could also download OpenOffice. About 80 MiB on
http://openoffice.org. It will open Word files, but documents with
extremely complex formatting might suffer a bit from bitrot. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse