Highspinner

Default My AutoCorrect entries sometimes disappear, what's happening?

I regularly set up Autocorrect Entries so that with just a few letters I can
set up an long corporate name (e.g. hsc yields HighSpin Consulting). On a
fairly regular basis, chunks of these entries just disappear out of the
'dictionary' and I have to re-enter them. I don't appear to be able to save
Autocorrect entries in a back up file, in fact I can't even identify where
they are saved. It's not lack of use, I used one this morning and it was gone
this afternoon, with the same document still running. Any suggestions to fix
and/or to back up?
finalword

Autocorrect entries are saved in a special file under your user profile..
You can search for this file and back it up as needed.

Search your system for the support.dot. It is usually located in C:\Program
files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Macros (for Word 2003). Open the Support.dot
and there are instructions on how to backup and restore your AutoCorrect
entries.

Here is the MSKB article that tells you everything....

"Highspinner" wrote:

I regularly set up Autocorrect Entries so that with just a few letters I can
set up an long corporate name (e.g. hsc yields HighSpin Consulting). On a
fairly regular basis, chunks of these entries just disappear out of the
'dictionary' and I have to re-enter them. I don't appear to be able to save
Autocorrect entries in a back up file, in fact I can't even identify where
they are saved. It's not lack of use, I used one this morning and it was gone
this afternoon, with the same document still running. Any suggestions to fix
and/or to back up?

Charles Kenyon

If they are formatted, they are stored in normal.dot. If not formatted, they
are stored in a language-specific file with an .acl extension.
If normal.dot is not saving, do you have Acrobat Version 7 installed?

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.