ski928

Default file permission error

I can't save a word document due to "file permission error". I had this on
an old version of word, so went out today and bought a new version and
installed the new version, and am getting the same error message.
AAARRRGGGHHH! Please help, if you can. Thank you.

ski928

Yes, I'm trying to save to a removable flash drive. I spent some time last
night reading some other answers to similar type questions, and I guess I'm
not supposed to save directly to the flash drive, but rather save to the hard
drive and then transfer the materials. This is frustrating because it had
been working for about a year without any problems (saving directly to the
flash drive). I still have a lot of memory on that flash drive, but now am
unable to save anything to it, even transferrred materials. I guess it is
somehow corrupted. I appreciate your help.

"ski928" wrote in message
I can't save a word document due to "file permission error". I had this

on
an old version of word, so went out today and bought a new version and
installed the new version, and am getting the same error message.
AAARRRGGGHHH! Please help, if you can. Thank you.

This effect results from the most recent Windows XP update; there's no way
to change it except to roll back to a restore point before the update, which
is NOT recommended.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you trying to save to a floppy or other removable medium?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ski928" wrote in message
I can't save a word document due to "file permission error". I had

this
on
an old version of word, so went out today and bought a new version and
installed the new version, and am getting the same error message.
AAARRRGGGHHH! Please help, if you can. Thank you.

It's especially annoying that it seems to apply to flash drives. For
floppies it makes very good sense (we've been warning folks for years not to
do that), and for CDs it's reasonable (since packet-writing software is iffy
at best), but USB drives should function like a HD.