Darach

Default Enable/Disable Macro on startup

Hi

I am developing a Word 2003 template that will be populated with data from
an Access 2003 database. I plan to create and name text boxes on the template
and then populate them from VBA code located within the Access database. This
code will also save completed copies of the template.

I have noticed that when I open the Word template (I have created a test
version) I get the Enable/Disable Macro prompt - I would rather this didn't
appear. The template doesn't contain any macros but does contain text boxes
added through the control toolbox. Is there any way of removing this prompt
without changing the user's security settings? Or just by including text
boxes in the document will this prompt always appear?

Thanks
Jezebel

Yes, ActiveX textboxes will cause that message, and no, you can't do
anything about it except not use them, which is easy in this case because
there are simpler ways of populating a document from a database --

1) Have a look at document properties and DocProperty fields -- these are
easier to set and update from code. Mailmerge sounds like another
possibility in this case -- Word can populate itself directly from an Access
database.

2) There are imaginative ways to use mailmerge fields, which Word can
populate directly from an Access database.