Default Protected Word Document with Exception to Modify Print Margins?

I have a word document that is protected so no other users can modify
it. However I would like to allow the users to modify their Print
Margins to fit various letterheads.

Page Setup is disabled when a document is protected...anyways around
this? Any other ideas on how to best satify the requirement?

Thanks

Jay Freedman

On 30 Oct 2005 13:27:01 -0800, wrote:

I have a word document that is protected so no other users can modify
it. However I would like to allow the users to modify their Print
Margins to fit various letterheads.

Page Setup is disabled when a document is protected...anyways around
this? Any other ideas on how to best satify the requirement?

Thanks

There is only one solution, and it isn't a very good one.

You can create a macro that lets the user type the desired margin
measurement into an InputBox or a userform, and then unprotects the
document, changes the margins, and reprotects the document. Something
similar is done by the macro at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm.

To avoid a security warning or silent disabling of the macro, the
macro must be in a template, not in the document, and the template
must be stored in the User Templates folder on the user's computer.
The user must have the macro security level set to Medium, and
installed templates must be trusted (these settings are in the Tools
Macro Security dialog).

Would it be possible to provide several different templates with
different margins, and let the user pick the best one?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Please add an outlining feature like WordPerfect's. zaffcomm Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 07:21 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM