Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
S trainer

Default Word 2003 mail merge address block inconsistency

When I use the €˜Address Block feature, I choose one of the options which
will allow 2 people having different last names, to have both their first
names and their own last name on the address label. The problem, is when I
use this option, the result for a single person is that t inserts "The
(fill-in-the-blank) Family", requiring me to go through each of the single
peoples addresses and type their first name and deleting "the" and "family".

How can I have Word do a single merge that will do the label right - a
single person with their first name and last name, and have 2 people with
different last names use both of their first and last names??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Don't use the addressblock field. Use the individual fields that you want in
a conditional field construction that places the correct fields according to
the data.
What fields do you have to identify which records have single people and
which have 2?

S trainer wrote:
When I use the 'Address Block' feature, I choose one of the options
which will allow 2 people having different last names, to have both
their first names and their own last name on the address label. The
problem, is when I use this option, the result for a single person is
that t inserts "The (fill-in-the-blank) Family", requiring me to go
through each of the single people's addresses and type their first
name and deleting "the" and "family".

How can I have Word do a single merge that will do the label right - a
single person with their first name and last name, and have 2 people
with different last names use both of their first and last names??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not really sure what you mean, but instead of using the Address Block,
just insert the mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that
you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.