Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

Default Default "save as" file format

A Word 2003 user in my company says that every time he tries to save a new
file created from one of the templates (.dot files) I've made, the default
format in the "save as" box is .rtf instead of .doc. I had him make sure that
..doc is the default format in ToolsOptionsSave, and he says it is, but he
still gets .rtf showing up as the default format for files from my templates.

I use Word 2002, so I don't know if the version difference has an effect on
this. He says he does not have the same problem with any other new documents,
only those from my templates. Does he need to change some settings or do I
need to modify my templates?