Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sibeer

Default letters are too large oc screen but the correct font size prints

For the past month when I type a document in Word 2003 the letters on the
screen are very large but when I print the document the font size is correct.
How do I reduce the font size on the monitor screen?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OM

Have you checked that your "Zoom" setting is set to "Page width" or "100%",
and not eg. 500%

Rob
(sorry if I'm stating the obvious....)

"sibeer" wrote in message
For the past month when I type a document in Word 2003 the letters on the
screen are very large but when I print the document the font size is
correct.
How do I reduce the font size on the monitor screen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Set the zoom to an appriate level - View Zoom. Note the zoom level is
saved with the document.

You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will
set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it should be.
Change the 100 to any preferred zoom level. I have included also some of the
other regular problem fixes, but you can remove the extra lines if required.
If you want normal rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from
the beginning of the line where indicated to the other.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
.DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

sibeer wrote:
For the past month when I type a document in Word 2003 the letters on
the screen are very large but when I print the document the font size
is correct. How do I reduce the font size on the monitor screen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sibeer

Default letters are too large oc screen but the correct font size prin

Thanks . That was my problem.