Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
superflylover

Default How to Create Document from Pargraph Templates?

How could I quickly create a document from a paragraph template library I
have created in word without cutting and pasting into my new document? Is
there a way I can name the paragraphs with a key word in the library document
and have it pulled into the new document by referencing the keyword at the
appropriate place in the new document?

These are lengthy paragraphs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Jezebel suggests, AutoText entries are the obvious way to go, but you
could also use IncludeText fields if the document is built from specific
building blocks that would never be used in any other document. To do this,
you can create the "library document" you describe, bookmark each paragraph,
and then insert it as needed using Insert | File (with the bookmark as the
"range").

"superflylover" wrote in message
How could I quickly create a document from a paragraph template library I
have created in word without cutting and pasting into my new document? Is
there a way I can name the paragraphs with a key word in the library

document
and have it pulled into the new document by referencing the keyword at the
appropriate place in the new document?

These are lengthy paragraphs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
superflylover

I guess I don't fully understand the full capability of Auto Text. Can it be
used to pull content from another document. My goal would be to working on a
document from scratch and type in say "Cash Reserve" and have the paragraph
templates I created in a "Library Document" (a seperate word document that is
hundreds of paragraphs each named by topic) be pulled into the new document.

If Auto Text can do this, what is my best resource for figuring it out. I
always thought Auto Text was only good for short phrases and sentences that
occur frequently in a doc. Some of my paragraphs wouldn't be accessed
regularly depending on the clients needs.

Thanks for the help

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As Jezebel suggests, AutoText entries are the obvious way to go, but you
could also use IncludeText fields if the document is built from specific
building blocks that would never be used in any other document. To do this,
you can create the "library document" you describe, bookmark each paragraph,
and then insert it as needed using Insert | File (with the bookmark as the
"range").

"superflylover" wrote in message
How could I quickly create a document from a paragraph template library I
have created in word without cutting and pasting into my new document? Is
there a way I can name the paragraphs with a key word in the library

document
and have it pulled into the new document by referencing the keyword at the
appropriate place in the new document?

These are lengthy paragraphs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I pointed out, if you already have this "library document," you can use
it as a source by bookmarking the paragraphs, then using Insert File to
insert them. But if you select each paragraph in turn and save it as an
AutoText entry with a unique short filename, then inserting it is even
simpler: just type the first four letters and press Enter. AutoText can be
much more than just short phrases: it can include many paragraphs of text,
graphics, tables, fields, etc. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As Jezebel suggests, AutoText entries are the obvious way to go, but you
could also use IncludeText fields if the document is built from specific
building blocks that would never be used in any other document. To do

this,
you can create the "library document" you describe, bookmark each

paragraph,
and then insert it as needed using Insert | File (with the bookmark as

the
"range").

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"superflylover" wrote in

message

Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I add specific templates to the New Document Task Pane? Larry Gans Microsoft Word Help 3 January 13th 05 10:56 AM
Document Defaults and Different Templates Joseph N. Microsoft Word Help 1 December 13th 04 04:16 AM