Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tompo

Default How do I set the default suggested filename to be empty by the sav

How to set the default suggested filename to be empty by the Save As
dialog the first time a user saves a new document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The filename suggested by Word will be (a) the content of the Title field
(if any) in the document properties of the template on which the document is
based or (b) the first few words of the document--up to the first
punctuation mark or line/paragraph break. I don't know of any way to make it
be empty, though you could try saving a single space as the Title of the
template.