Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AR DET AR DET is offline

Default inserted symbol shows up different when doc emailed to another

I have typed a word document that included an inserted symbol of a check box.
When I email the document to a colleague, on her computer the check box
appears as a circle with a 6 inside. It's like her machine is not
recognising the same symbol. Our I/T person does not know what the problem
is. Can anybody help??
thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

It means you've used a font that isn't on your recipient's computer, so
their copy of Word has substituted another. 6 in a circle is appears in some
of the WingDings fonts.

One looks askance at your IT person's response.

"AR DET" AR wrote in message
I have typed a word document that included an inserted symbol of a check
box.
When I email the document to a colleague, on her computer the check box
appears as a circle with a 6 inside. It's like her machine is not
recognising the same symbol. Our I/T person does not know what the
problem
is. Can anybody help??
thank you

Dots appear under a symbol I have inserted into a table Linda Tables 1 January 6th 06 12:03 AM
Quote shows up as Symbol Debra Ann Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 05 10:45 PM
Old doc name still shows when emailed as attachment? D Pingger Microsoft Word Help 1 May 29th 05 11:53 AM
Autotext shows only squeer boxes when inserted Listrom Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Ms Equation shows funny symbol instead of plus or minus sign, any. Ms Equation Microsoft Word Help 1 December 24th 04 02:45 AM