Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Haskell Bill Haskell is offline

Default Wrapping Style Default Change

How can I change a picture or text box insertion layout wrapping style
default? I have tried the DrawSet Autoshape Default, but that doesn't seem
to work.

I insert a lot of pictures and text boxes which need to be moved and size
changed, and I have to change the wrapping style for each one individually
via PictureLayout box. That is tedious, there must be a way to change the
default wrapping style when opening pictures and creating text boxes.
Thanks for any help,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can set the default wrapping style for
inserted/pasted pictures on the Edit tab of Tools | Options. I don't know
that this applies to AutoShapes, however, which would include text boxes.
Setting the AutoShape defaults might work, but note that when you set the
defaults, you're setting them for a single document. To change the defaults
for all new documents, you need to do this directly in Normal.dot. And I'm
not 100% confident that wrapping is one of the defaults that would "take,"
given that it would apply to shapes as well as text boxes.

"Bill Haskell" wrote in message
How can I change a picture or text box insertion layout wrapping style
default? I have tried the DrawSet Autoshape Default, but that doesn't

seem
to work.

I insert a lot of pictures and text boxes which need to be moved and size
changed, and I have to change the wrapping style for each one individually
via PictureLayout box. That is tedious, there must be a way to change

the
default wrapping style when opening pictures and creating text boxes.
Thanks for any help,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Regarding text boxes:

Hereby two suggestions that could help getting round the problems setting
the text box default wrapping style:

A.

If you want the text box default wrapping style to be “In line with text” (I
cannot read this from the question), you could create an AutoText containing
a text box. Note that you cannot create AutoTexts from text boxes with other
wrapping styles. Solution A is explained below.

Alternatively, a macro could be used to insert a text box (can be made to
cover any default wrapping style). I have made some experiments that could
be used – please post back if you want to continue this way and need help.

------------------------------

A – The AutoText solution explained:

1. Create a text box and apply the “In line with text” setting plus any
other settings and size you would like as the default for new text boxes you
create.

2. Select the text box. Press Alt+F3 to open the “Create AutoText” dialog
box. Type a name* and click OK.

3. AutoTexts you create as described in step 2 above will automatically be
stored in your Normal.dot template. To save Normal.dot, press and hold the
Shift key while you select File menu Save All. If a dialog box opens,
asking whether to save changes to Normal.dot, click Yes.

Each time you need a text box, insert the AutoText.

----------------------

*About the AutoText name:

You should give the AutoText a name that is easy to remember and to type. To
prevent AutoComplete suggestions from popping up all the time, make sure
that at least the first 4 characters of the name differ from normal words
you use – e.g. “zzzzTextBox”.

Easy ways to insert an AutoText:

Type the first unique letters of the AutoText name and press F3, or press
Return if the AutoComplete suggestion appears (requires that Insert
AutoText AutoText AutoText tab Show AutoComplete suggestions be turned
on).

Regards

Lene Fredborg

---------------

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can set the default wrapping style for
inserted/pasted pictures on the Edit tab of Tools | Options. I don't know
that this applies to AutoShapes, however, which would include text boxes.
Setting the AutoShape defaults might work, but note that when you set the
defaults, you're setting them for a single document. To change the
defaults
for all new documents, you need to do this directly in Normal.dot. And I'm
not 100% confident that wrapping is one of the defaults that would "take,"
given that it would apply to shapes as well as text boxes.

so
all may benefit.