Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default header/footer problem with section

I have a document that when I add section 4 and attempt to add a different
header/footer, the header/footer in section 3 will also change.

Section 3 ends with a Section Break (Next Page). The header/footer on
section 4 does not show the "Same as Previous" (the link is broken as it
should be to add a different header/footer).

Anyone know what the problem could be that is preventing me from adding a
different header/footer in Section 4 and how do I go about fixing it?

TIA

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have either "Different first page" or "Different odd and even"
checked on the Layout tab of Page Setup? If so, then each specific
header/footer links to the corresponding one in the previous section. From
your description, though, this does not appear to be the problem.