Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jean Minnaar Jean Minnaar is offline

Default How do I use an HTM file over HTTP as mail merge data source?

Using Word 2007. Wanting to create the data source file on the server and
manage it there. Then have Word on the client machine use that HTM file via
the HTTP protocol. But I get a file not found error. If I put that same
file on the client box and reference it directly (eg C:\...) and not via
http://..., all is well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word can't use data sources at URL locations (http://, ftp:// etc.), even in
Word 2007 AFAIK. I don't know why, and I don't currently know a way around
it unless the file can also be reached via Windows networking (e.g. a UNC
pathname).

Peter Jamieson