Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SWinter120 SWinter120 is offline

Default When opening documents the list appears "backwards". fix??

Please email me direct the answer if you can at
Basically this just started happening. I go to open my saved documents in
Word. It displays docs starting with Z first and A last. I must have
inadvertently changed this. How do I get back the proper sort of the document
names when I hit OPEN.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

When you next select the Open command, change your View to Details and then
click on the Name title which should sort your document names by Ascending
rather than Descending, if necessary you can click it again to change the
sort order.

Once you have your documents sorting the way you want them, you can change
your view back to List or Icons if you choose.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"SWinter120" wrote in message
Please email me direct the answer if you can at
Basically this just started happening. I go to open my saved documents in
Word. It displays docs starting with Z first and A last. I must have
inadvertently changed this. How do I get back the proper sort of the
document
names when I hit OPEN.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Direct replies are discouraged - this is a *group* not a personal help desk

You've simply clicked on the Name heading - see the up-pointing gray
triangle? Click the Name heading to re-sort in ascending order. If the
headings aren't displayed click the View button (next to Tools) in the
dialog's toolbar until they show up or open the Views list & choose Details
or Properties.

Alternatively you can right-click within the content pane & select Name from
the contextual menu.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones