Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
randy_coyote randy_coyote is offline

Default Text won't print without something being shaded

I'm trying to print from Word 97, and everything prints OK only if something
on the page is shaded. If I take the shading off, nothing prints, unless I
have a table on the page, then the table borders print, but no text.

I've tried Clear shading and that produces the same result as no shading
(which is a blank page), but even the lightest gray shading on one thing
allows the whole page to print.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just a guess, but make sure that the colour of the font is set to Automatic.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"randy_coyote" wrote in message
I'm trying to print from Word 97, and everything prints OK only if
something
on the page is shaded. If I take the shading off, nothing prints, unless
have a table on the page, then the table borders print, but no text.

I've tried Clear shading and that produces the same result as no shading
(which is a blank page), but even the lightest gray shading on one thing
allows the whole page to print.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
randy_coyote randy_coyote is offline

Thanks for the idea. It was set to Auto, I changed some text to black,
printed, no change. Then to red, again just some text, and all the text
printed, both the red and the original Auto/black. Changed the red text back
to Auto and no text printed.

I suppose I have a work around, shade something or use a different color,
but I'd still like to find what's causing this.