Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The mailmerge
wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it didn't allow for
grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem and I was using it to merge
emails to Lotus Notes without any problems. Now, with the new 2003, the
wizard is gone and the new features are cheezier and even less useful than
before. I put together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as
my default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to 2000?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
get around most of the differences.
I cannot comment on the Lotus Notes issue.
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Ray S. wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The
mailmerge wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it
didn't allow for grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem
and I was using it to merge emails to Lotus Notes without any
problems. Now, with the new 2003, the wizard is gone and the new
features are cheezier and even less useful than before. I put
together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as my
default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to
2000?



  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

Thanks Graham,

But the article is pretty useless for my problem. When it gets to the issue
of email merger, pretty much all it offers is putting the old mail merge
helper on a toolbar, but it really does not follow the old process. The
interface is the old one, but the process is the new one, which does not
allow you to configure anything and just sends you to the control panel,
which is not able to do the configuration.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
get around most of the differences.
I cannot comment on the Lotus Notes issue.
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Ray S. wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The
mailmerge wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it
didn't allow for grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem
and I was using it to merge emails to Lotus Notes without any
problems. Now, with the new 2003, the wizard is gone and the new
features are cheezier and even less useful than before. I put
together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as my
default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to
2000?




  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CC CC is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36
Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

I find that I use the mail merge toolbar and avoid the mail merge wizard.

Hope that helps.

"Ray S." wrote:

Thanks Graham,

But the article is pretty useless for my problem. When it gets to the issue
of email merger, pretty much all it offers is putting the old mail merge
helper on a toolbar, but it really does not follow the old process. The
interface is the old one, but the process is the new one, which does not
allow you to configure anything and just sends you to the control panel,
which is not able to do the configuration.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
get around most of the differences.
I cannot comment on the Lotus Notes issue.
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Ray S. wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The
mailmerge wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it
didn't allow for grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem
and I was using it to merge emails to Lotus Notes without any
problems. Now, with the new 2003, the wizard is gone and the new
features are cheezier and even less useful than before. I put
together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as my
default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to
2000?




  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

No. The issue is not really what is on the toolbars or the wizard. I now have
Outlook working again so when I open it, it asks me to log in to my Lotus
Notes. I can send and receive emails, but the mail merge still does not work
at all. It fails and tells me that I must set up the Microsoft Exchange mail
service in order to use the mail merge. It was never that way with 2000. Do
you know how I can set that up?

"cc" wrote:

I find that I use the mail merge toolbar and avoid the mail merge wizard.

Hope that helps.

"Ray S." wrote:

Thanks Graham,

But the article is pretty useless for my problem. When it gets to the issue
of email merger, pretty much all it offers is putting the old mail merge
helper on a toolbar, but it really does not follow the old process. The
interface is the old one, but the process is the new one, which does not
allow you to configure anything and just sends you to the control panel,
which is not able to do the configuration.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
get around most of the differences.
I cannot comment on the Lotus Notes issue.
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Ray S. wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The
mailmerge wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it
didn't allow for grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem
and I was using it to merge emails to Lotus Notes without any
problems. Now, with the new 2003, the wizard is gone and the new
features are cheezier and even less useful than before. I put
together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as my
default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to
2000?



Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 Office Word problem CarolynSB Microsoft Word Help 3 September 12th 07 08:38 PM
Word 2003 MailMerge with SQL Server 2000 problem crm Mailmerge 3 October 9th 06 05:32 PM
Problem with Mailmerge in Word 2003 Nicci Mailmerge 1 February 17th 06 05:46 AM
Office 97 mailmerge vs. Office 2003 Gerhard Kiessling Mailmerge 1 October 14th 05 04:10 PM
mailmerge word.basic in Office 2003 IT123456 Mailmerge 2 March 8th 05 07:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"