Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jimmy Clay[_2_] Jimmy Clay[_2_] is offline

Default License agreement

I've been noticing that at the very top bar of my Word it says "Microsoft
Word non-commercial use." It seems obvious enough that means that I'm not
supposed to use this version of Word to make money (it is the home
version).But what if I did start making money with it. At what point is
Microsoft, if they knew about it, going to bring a lawsuit against me.

Current I'm not making a dime and don't know that I ever will. But I am a
want-a-be novelist, and if I did hit it big, while using he non-commercial
version, what happens. Would they just ask me to buy the commercial version?
Just wondering.

--
Jimmy Clay

http://songofthecoyote.googlepages.com/home

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jimmy Clay[_2_] Jimmy Clay[_2_] is offline

I guess I have high hopes. I keep seeing those words "non-commercial" and it
reminds me of how much I would love to go commercial. So I am just curious
about it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
IANAL, but until first novels start making their authors rich, I don't
think
they could be considered "commercial use."

so
all may benefit.

"Jimmy Clay" wrote in message
I've been noticing that at the very top bar of my Word it says "Microsoft
Word non-commercial use." It seems obvious enough that means that I'm not
supposed to use this version of Word to make money (it is the home
version).But what if I did start making money with it. At what point is
Microsoft, if they knew about it, going to bring a lawsuit against me.

Current I'm not making a dime and don't know that I ever will. But I am a
want-a-be novelist, and if I did hit it big, while using he
non-commercial
version, what happens. Would they just ask me to buy the commercial

version?
Just wondering.

--
Jimmy Clay

http://songofthecoyote.googlepages.com/home

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Possibly by the time you start making some money, you can afford to upgrade
to Office Small Business, convert all your docs, and be safe from
prosecution. g

"Jimmy Clay" wrote in message
I guess I have high hopes. I keep seeing those words "non-commercial" and

it
reminds me of how much I would love to go commercial. So I am just curious
about it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
IANAL, but until first novels start making their authors rich, I don't
think
they could be considered "commercial use."

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.