Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WORD HELP WORD HELP is offline

Default How Do I double space a single spaced document in Word?

Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use the FormatParagraph dialog to set the line spacing.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"WORD HELP" WORD wrote in message
Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+2.

"WORD HELP" WORD wrote in message
Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Maureen Maureen is offline

I so appreciate your help! I am trying to single space in the top left of a
letter, persons name, address, etc. and I have it set to single but it
defaults to double space. No problem with letter in single space. Please
help!
Office Home and Student 2007
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+2.

"WORD HELP" WORD wrote in message
Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you are pressing Enter at the end of each line, the problem is likely
that the style applied has some Spacing Before/After, which you can check in
the Format Paragraph dialog. Rather than change this, however, you would be
better advised to separate the lines with line breaks (Shift+Enter).

"Maureen" wrote in message

I so appreciate your help! I am trying to single space in the top left of

letter, persons name, address, etc. and I have it set to single but it
defaults to double space. No problem with letter in single space. Please
help!
Office Home and Student 2007
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+2.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"WORD HELP" WORD wrote in message
Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Maureen Maureen is offline

Thank you. I did try that and it singled spaced but seperated, e.g 10 Smith
St. but each word was divided in 1/3rds on width of paper. What I tried next
was aligh right and after hitting shift/enter went to next line and it was
fine. On left side, I aligned left and did same thing. It seems like it
should be easier but oh well!

"Maureen" wrote in message

I so appreciate your help! I am trying to single space in the top left of

letter, persons name, address, etc. and I have it set to single but it
defaults to double space. No problem with letter in single space. Please
help!
Office Home and Student 2007
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+2.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"WORD HELP" WORD wrote in message
Please in simple terms, just tell me what to do. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If line breaks cause the text to spread out that way, then the paragraph is
Justified; change the alignment to Left instead.

"Maureen" wrote in message

I so appreciate your help! I am trying to single space in the top

left of
letter, persons name, address, etc. and I have it set to single but it
defaults to double space. No problem with letter in single space.

Please
help!
Office Home and Student 2007
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: