Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mel Mel is offline

Default One line double spaced-I want it single spaced

I have a word document that is single spaced except for one line, it is
double spaced. When I hit delete to bring the line back up, it goes to the
end of the line above instead of moving up one space and filling the gap.
When I hit enter from there the line goes down two spaces. How do I close
the gap and make this line single spaced.