thridandapani

Default Mail Merge issue with Office 2003 and Access(XP/2002)

I am trying to Merge Word Documents (using word 2003) with data from access
Database (I have installed only word/powerpoint/outlook 2003 and I am still
using Access 2002(XP)).
When I had MS OFFICE 2002(XP) these letters worked fine. But when I upgraded
the office (word/powerpoint/outlook) to 2003 these letters are not working
anymore and I get an error message.
I tried several different ways to get it to work (DDE connection does not
work at all. ODBC works but when I click on the QUERY to pull the data that's
when it fails).
I was fussing with this since yesterday and finally I find out that the
query that I was using to pull the data from would not work for Word2003. I
am not sure if this is a gliche or may be I am missing something here.
So, here is how my query works. When I click on my query it asks for "input
parameter" and based on what I type the query pulls that specific data. I
tried connecting my word document to a table and also other simple queries
(without parameters) its working fine, but only when a query has an INPUT
PARAMETERS (to be typed/entered) it's failing.
I am not sure how to work around this problem. I tried several different
ways but in vain.
I would appreciate if someone can help.

Anne Troy

To my knowledge, you cannot "cross-version" when you use Mail merge. Dump
the Access data to an Excel or CSV or something...
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com