Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jackievar jackievar is offline

Default templates

I was sent a sample document to use as a guide for a transcription test. I
am told to use this guide as a template. How do I turn a document with text
and line numbers on the left-hand side outside of box into a blank template?

When I try to delete the text, the line numbers get deleted, also. They
have to stay on the template.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jackievar jackievar is offline

I have Word 2003. I have no idea how they were created. It was just sent to
me and told me to use it as a template for my test. Help!!

jackievar wrote:

I was sent a sample document to use as a guide for a transcription test. I
am told to use this guide as a template. How do I turn a document with text
and line numbers on the left-hand side outside of box into a blank template?

When I try to delete the text, the line numbers get deleted, also. They
have to stay on the template.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sorry, I'm not here to do it for you. I already gave you a hint. I
believe you were given a sample document, and you are supposed to
demonstrate your ability to use Word by duplicating the supplied format.
If you can't do it, then you're not qualified for the position.

jackievar wrote:

I was sent a sample document to use as a guide for a transcription test. I
am told to use this guide as a template. How do I turn a document with text
and line numbers on the left-hand side outside of box into a blank template?

When I try to delete the text, the line numbers get deleted, also. They
have to stay on the template.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jackievar jackievar is offline

I thought that is what this site is for, help with Office and Word issues.
It seems there are a lot of people who help those asking for guidance. I'm
not asking you to do it for me, I'm just asking you to guide me in the right
direction or send me to another link to read about it. Hopefully, someone
else will respond. And I can assure you, the template has nothing to do with
this test -- it's all about my ability to transcribe a court hearing -- by
tomorrow.

So thank you again, and I hope someone comes to my rescue before this is due.

And who are you to tell me what I am or am not qualifed for? You have no
idea what this is about.

jackievar wrote:

I was sent a sample document to use as a guide for a transcription test. I
am told to use this guide as a template. How do I turn a document with text
and line numbers on the left-hand side outside of box into a blank template?

When I try to delete the text, the line numbers get deleted, also. They
have to stay on the template.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It sounds as if the template maker may actually have used Word's line
numbering feature. Line numbers appear only where there's text. Try typing
something else into it to see if you get line numbers. If not, then the
numbers may have been in a text box anchored to a text paragraph in the
document body instead of the header. If that's the case, the person who
designed the template is an idiot, so you probably don't want the job
anyway.

"jackievar" wrote in message
I was sent a sample document to use as a guide for a transcription test.

am told to use this guide as a template. How do I turn a document with

text
and line numbers on the left-hand side outside of box into a blank

template?

When I try to delete the text, the line numbers get deleted, also. They
have to stay on the template.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jackievar jackievar is offline

You're right! I decided to just start typing because it was getting so late
and the numbers came back on as I completed each line. Thank you for being
so kind and for your help. The transcript really looks good!