Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Conditional Text / Boolean query after an ASK

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:16:34 +0100, GavSmith
wrote:

Hello,

I have a document, where the information is entered in a series of pop
up boxes (usually fillin or ASK).

There is though a paragraph which is conditional and I would like a
fillin/ask to autocreate it, as well as populate it with a ref.

I was thinking along the lines of:

{ASK Q1 "Is anyone required - if so please enter their name"}

so it ref's Q1 with the entered name.

then in the document (and this is where my knowledge is questioning)

{IF REF {Q1}= "" "{INCLUDETEXT ""}" "{INCLUDE TEXT "Hello {Q1}, your
account is xxxx, thanks {Q1} etc etc }"}

e.g. if empty, do not print anything, ELSE if Q1 exists (i.e. has text
in it), then print the paragraph with references to Q1.

Can this be done, or am I approaching it from the wrong angle?

Help as always much appreciated.

Gav

Get rid of the INCLUDETEXT fields -- they're for inserting text from some other
file, not for inserting literal text. The field construction you need is just

{IF {Q1}= "" "" "Hello {Q1}, your account is xxxx, thanks {Q1} etc etc"}

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GavSmith[_4_] GavSmith[_4_] is offline

Jay Freedman;2836712 Wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:16:34 +0100,

Get rid of the INCLUDETEXT fields -- they're for inserting text from
some other
file, not for inserting literal text. The field construction you need
is just

{IF {Q1}= "" "" "Hello {Q1}, your account is xxxx, thanks {Q1} etc
etc"}

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Cheers - had to modify the question, as sending an empty string to the
Q1 field box, printed the message with !Error not defind, but found a
solution anyhow.
Thanks for your help
Gav

--