Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChuckAL ChuckAL is offline

Default Mathematical Pi 1 font and Word Equations

I have a Word file with many equations that uses this font which I apparently
don't have. I am using WOrd 2003 and MathType 6. The result is that parts
of the displayed equations are wrong as Word seems to try to substitute a
different font. The problem seems mostly with = and = symbols. I can fix
each of them (using the equation editor or insert symbol etc.) individually
but that's not going to work since there are so many. Is there an easier
solution? I guess I can look for and get this font that I don't have, would
that solve my problem that is if I have the font installed, would the
equation editor recognize it correctly? I hope there is an alternative,
easier solution. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Chuck, I'm a bit confused here. You said you're using MathType 6, but
you also say you can fix the equations using Equation Editor. You mean
you can fix them individually with MathType, right?

If the equations were made with Mathematical Pi 1 font, AND if the
missing symbols came from that font, then certainly installing the
font would presumably clear up the problem. If you're sure that's the
problem, you can get the font from its creator: Adobe. Here's a short
version of the URL to the font on their website:
http://tinyurl.com/3fov7c

If it's not critical that you use that font, it may be possible to
just change the style of each of the equations in the document. You
can do this with one MathType command. With the document open in Word,
choose the MathType menu on Word's toolbar. From this menu, choose the
"Format Equations" command. (Make sure you click on "Format Equations"
and not "Format Equation Numbers".) Click the Browse button, click on
the file "Times+Symbol 12.eqp", then click OK. Click OK again, and
after a few seconds, MathType will have re-formatted all your
equations. Depending on how the original author inserted the
characters in question, this may or may not work for you.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training