Graham Mayor

Default Can I load more text formats into my WORD software?

While Windows provides the fonts, whether Word will be able to use them
depends on the current printer driver.

Tom Ferguson wrote:
Windows rather than word is responsible for managing fonts. The number
and type of fonts that can be installed is Windows version dependant.
For Windows NT systems including Windows 2003 server, Windows XP and
2000, the number is either limited only by disk space available or so
high it does not matter in practice (Windows 2000 and earlier). For
Windows 9x systems, the limit is 2000 or fewer with about 600 or so
being the practical maximum. NT systems will install and use
PostScript Type 1, TrueType and OpenType fonts. Windows 9x system
will install and use TrueType fonts. PostScript Type 1 fonts can be
installed by using Adobe Type Manager and using it to install the
fonts.

To install extra fonts, navigate to Control Panel Fonts File
Install new fonts. Instructions can be found in the Windows help
system or be "Googling" on-line.

Let us know.

"IT Dummy" IT wrote in message
I just want to add more fonts to the text in Word. Is this
contingent upon the program I have or can I add more?