Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default Word & Excel 2007 Copy from Excel into word doc

Help pls someone...
I do all my sales quotes in excel then paste them into word. I have just got
a Vista machine with Word and Excel 2007 software. On my XP machine I would
simply copy the quote on excel then in word go to "edit" then "paste special"
and it would paste in beautifully. I could select the pasted spreadsheet then
resize it to fit the page.
On my Vista machine, now if I do the same thing (in Word) it pastes in the
spreadsheet, I cannot see the spreedsheet (only the outline) and I cannot
resize it. It appears that this feature is almost totally broken.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try: Office button Word Options Advanced tab Show document content
section... make sure Show picture placeholders is not selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mark" wrote in message
Help pls someone...
I do all my sales quotes in excel then paste them into word. I have just
got
a Vista machine with Word and Excel 2007 software. On my XP machine I
would
simply copy the quote on excel then in word go to "edit" then "paste
special"
and it would paste in beautifully. I could select the pasted spreadsheet
then
resize it to fit the page.
On my Vista machine, now if I do the same thing (in Word) it pastes in the
spreadsheet, I cannot see the spreedsheet (only the outline) and I cannot
resize it. It appears that this feature is almost totally broken.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul in Oxford Paul in Oxford is offline

I have the same problem, I always used PASTE / SPECIAL /PICTURE so far the
only way I can do it with Vista is to paste into the Paint program, and then
save as a JPEG and import as a picture - it wastes a lot of time.

Any better solutions?

"Mark" wrote:

Help pls someone...
I do all my sales quotes in excel then paste them into word. I have just got
a Vista machine with Word and Excel 2007 software. On my XP machine I would
simply copy the quote on excel then in word go to "edit" then "paste special"
and it would paste in beautifully. I could select the pasted spreadsheet then
resize it to fit the page.
On my Vista machine, now if I do the same thing (in Word) it pastes in the
spreadsheet, I cannot see the spreedsheet (only the outline) and I cannot
resize it. It appears that this feature is almost totally broken.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thedr9wningman thedr9wningman is offline

I'm having the same problem. I need to be able to paste (from a pivot
table) a static picture, but in Word2007, it is staying linked to the source
pivot table. This means that I'm pasting 8 instances of supposedly separate
pictures, but when I go back and look, they're all identical! That's a huge
problem!