Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default PAGEREF \p Switch in DE, SV, SK, and PL

Well, if you wanted to use a page number, but only if the reference was not
on the same page (in which case I might argue that the Xref is unneeded
anyway; a plain-text "above" or "below" would probably do), then I guess
this format would fill the bill, but not if it's going to be as
problematical as it seems to be.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Indeed, an item on a previous page is obviously still "above" and an item
on a following page is "below." If you wanted to reference the page
number, you wouldn't use the "Above/below" option in the first place...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Don't feel bad, Stefan. It is only recently that I also learned this, by
reading about it in these NGs. I never dreamed the switch would do
anything beyond "above" and "below," as, like you, I don't interpret
those
words as applying strictly to the current page.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Now I have seen it too... finally. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
Stefan:

It evaluates to "on page 99" when the target is on a different page
than
the
x-ref. Please try it by editing a PAGEREF field in ANY version of Word.

Bear

How to localize PAGEREF using "on page" switch Bear[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 5 July 13th 09 09:31 PM
PageRef fields Pepper New Users 1 December 18th 08 07:22 PM
PAGEREF in an IF statement in a header or footer when printing Giles Microsoft Word Help 3 September 28th 06 11:36 AM
TOC based on PageRef Joan NYC Page Layout 4 August 8th 05 12:12 AM
Why do my pageref fields get all messed up? TrueBlue Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 09:56 AM