conimaj

Default Why is unlocking my form is not an option?

I have set up a form using Word 2003. It has text fields and check boxes and
I would like to restrict others from typing anywhere else but in this fields.
I locked the form using the little padlock icon on the forms toolbar. I
then closed the program and worked on other things. When I went back into
the document, the padlock is now "greyed out". I tried to use "unprotect
document" from the tools menu. That worked and I was able to edit the
document. Now I can lock it again. The padlock is still grey. If I choose
"protect document" from the tools menu, step #3 where you 'turn it on' is
greyed out as well. This is driving me crazy because I need to lock the form
again before I can send it out for others to use.