Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] mjschwartz9996@gmail.com is offline

Default Pasting rows changes column widths

Hi --

I have this problem in many of my tables...

I have a "Autofit to Contents" table with a bunch of rows. At times
when I cut-and-paste rows to rearrange the able the column widths of
the pasted rows get changed such that they tightly fit the contents of
that row, but not the table as a whole. So the column widths of the
pasted row don't match the table.

Once this has happened the only way I've found to fix the table is to
select the entire table, "Distribute Columns Evenly" then "Autofit to
Contents" again.

This doesn't happen every time or on every table, but I can't figure
out the pattern.

Anyone know what's going on and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
Mike

Keep Column widths the same Lord Dark Helmet Tables 1 December 13th 07 03:54 PM
Column widths change when pasting table rows in Word 2003 daz Tables 0 November 15th 06 02:53 PM
Column widths change when pasting excel table Amos Kandy Tables 0 July 17th 06 09:23 PM
Column widths nanner130 Tables 1 March 2nd 05 03:47 PM
consecutive Table Rows with different # of columns of different widths || cypher || Tables 2 November 10th 04 02:06 AM