Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MossMan MossMan is offline

Default Pasting into tables adds trailing spaces

I'm pasting tables from an existing Word doc into a new one and also some
data from Excel into those tables in the new doc. However, when I do that
pasting, aside from the usual column resizing that occasionally occurs, Word
seems to be adding between 6 and 10 trailing spaces into the format of the
pasted cells. This makes the cells taller than they need to be and is easily
removed, but is truly annoying when I'm doing a lot of pasting. Is there
some way to prevent Word from adding trailing space when pasting into a table
like this?