Alan_UK

Default Mail merge Word from Excel

I have a system of invoicing by making one line of an Excel spreadsheet one
record. A Word document has the mergefields for invoice number, date etc.. In
Office 97 where this system was developed it worked fine. In Office XP, I
can't open the spreadsheet at the same time as the Word invoice page. If I
perform the merge in Office 97 and transfer the files to the XP machine it
works fine. How do I perform a merge in Office XP to keep the Excel data
source open for adding records while stepping through them in Word? Is it
through SQL - and how?

Alan
Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the main document, you will be given a number
of options for the method in which the connection is made. Try the DDE
option.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP