Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] michael.e.gold@gmail.com is offline

Default bug with word 2007 read-only

working on documents in word 2007 (.docx files) on windows vista:
frequently when i choose the simple "save" command a dialog box pops
up asking me to save my document under a new name. i then click
"cancel" and return to the document, only to find that it has
magically attained "read-only" status without me doing anything. i
then have to close the file and re-open it entirely in order for it to
shake the read-only status that i never conferred upon it in the first
place. sometimes i have to re-open it numerous times in order for it
to lose read-only status. if anyone knows how to fix this little bug
i'd be extremely grateful. thanks,

mike g