Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy

Default SAVE icon grayed out

I use Word 2003. The Save icon in the Standard toolbar is grayed out.
File/Save works ok though. This happened two days ago. I have applied SP2 and
still the icon is grayed out. A normal.dot issue?

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5keQ==?=,

Which macro would I modify with the new code? Create a new macro?

This is a new macro, yes. Actually, you should be able to
- Alt+F11 (start the VB editor)
- Ctrl+G (display the Immediate window)
- copy just the CommandBars line to that window
- press Enter to execute that line

If my guess is correct, then you should only need to do this once. But if the
problem comes back, say, when you start Word the next time, you'll need to track
down what, exactly, on your system is doing this.

I use Word 2003. The Save icon in the Standard toolbar is grayed out.
File/Save works ok though. This happened two days ago. I have applied SP2 and
still the icon is grayed out. A normal.dot issue?

some macro or addin may have disabled the button. See if this macro helps at
all:

Sub EnableSaveButton()
CommandBars("Standard").Controls("Save").Enabled = true
End Sub

(Note: if you see more than three lines, you'll need to correct the line breaks
after pasting the macro into the VBA Editor. The second line should begin with
CommandBars and end with = true)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMc2004 DMc2004 is offline

How do you enable the menu options for Save and Print as it has happened from
both the toolbar and menu

"Andy" wrote:

That worked! Thank you!

Andy