Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default Selecting text in a document

When I highlight a document-part that I want to change the format of, and
click on the button corresponding to the change, the entire document changes
to the format that I wanted for only the highlighted part of the document. I
must then follow this aberrant universal-document change by clicking on the
€śundo€ť button, whereby occurs the initial formatchange that I wanted. Why
does this happen? How can I format changes without having to resort to the
€śundo€ť button for the changes to occur?

Mal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Mal wrote:
When I highlight a document-part that I want to change the format of,
and click on the button corresponding to the change, the entire
document changes to the format that I wanted for only the highlighted
part of the document. I must then follow this aberrant
universal-document change by clicking on the "undo" button, whereby
occurs the initial formatchange that I wanted. Why does this happen?
How can I format changes without having to resort to the "undo"
button for the changes to occur?

Mal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Graham, the Modify Style box in Word O7 doesn't have an 'Automatically
update' check box. Consequently, I couls not proceed with the instructions
given in your URL.

Mal

Mal